Sunday, November 2, 2008

The good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The title of this blog really sums up our weekend. In the spirit of being positive, I'm going to start with The Good.

This weekend was the first weekend in 5 weeks that both Alec and I were in town. 5 WEEKS! We have been pretty busy and it was nice for both of us to be home for once. Since Friday was Halloween, Alec and I decided that we were going to go see a scary movie. (not quite as exciting as dressing up and going to a party, but so nice to just spend some time together) So we had a "date night". We went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner and then went to see Quarantine. I am going to give you my opinion of the movie below the picture, if you want to see the movie, I wouldn't read that part... I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone.

IT WAS SCARY! I'm not sure why I go to scary movies, I guess in some sick way I love to freak myself out! I watched the majority of the movie through my fingers or with my fingers in my ears. Basically, a group of people get Quarantined inside a building because of an outbreak of a rare form of rabbis that some sick freak invented and spread. It was full of people popping out of places, weird crazy people doing disturbing things, and all sorts of other things that made you jump. If you want a good scare, go see it. Alec even said it was kind of scary! Needless to say, I was stuck to him like glue for the rest of the night, haha. It was a great Friday night. 

Saturday afternoon Alec had his CPA class and I went Shopping with Jessica for her birthday. We all met up at Kyle and Jessica's and went to dinner to celebrate Jess' birthday. We went to a Hibachi steakhouse and it was very good. After dinner we headed back to their house to watch THE football game....

Now for The Bad. I HATE HATE HATE that the Longhorns lost. Seriously, makes me sad. I love exciting, hard fought football games, they are just so much more fun when the team you want to win, wins! Texas just wasn't suppose to win last night, it wasn't in their cards. I feel SO bad for the freshman that had the chance to intercept the ball at the end of the game. Why couldn't he have just caught it??!! I can't imagine how awful he feels, so I'm not about to rag on him, I just wish he would have caught it. I'm a big fan of the Big 12, but I am not a fan of Tech... ever. Under no circumstances would I ever WANT them to win. Either way, HOOK'EM!

Sticking with the football theme, time for The Ugly. Two words, Dallas Cowboys. I realize there are probably some girls out there thinking, "What is wrong with this girl, she can't possibly really care about football." Well, I do... and watching the Cowboys is truly depressing. It is so strange going from being one of the best teams in the nation, to what they have become now. I'd just like to tell Brad Johnson, in the event that he is reading my blog, (hahah) Hang it up man... your football days are over. Perhaps they are just saving up for the opening of the new stadium... just a thought. 

All in all, win or lose, I had a wonderful weekend. I'm going to leave you with what I've had on my mind all day. This morning's sermon was about serving others, not serving in order to be saved, but serving others BECAUSE we are saved. The sermon came from Matthew 25: 31 - 46, "The Sheep and The Goats". And all day I have been thinking about how this message really spoke to me today, especially with the holidays coming up. I look around and think how amazing God has been to Alec and I. We may not live in Uptown, but we have a great home that we love and we are taken care of. I just keep thinking there is so much more we could do to serve others. We were given a charge at the end of church today, to go out of our way to serve someone else this week. Whether it be a coworker, a family member, or even that person standing on the side of the road and I thought, what if everyone went out of their way to serve someone else this week?! So that is my charge for everyone that reads this blog.

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL week, even though it is November and in the 80's!

0 comments: