Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

How is it Monday again? How, how, how?? The weekend just flew by as it always does. However, there is a silver lining. I only have to work 8 more days until I get some much needed TIME OFF! I'm pretty pumped, I mean I'm pumped that it is Thanksgiving also, but more excited about the fact that I don't have to go to work!


Alec and I had a good weekend. We laid low on Friday night, Alec had to wake up at 3am to go hunting. He amazes me sometimes. I practically have to DRAG him out of bed to wake up for work at 6:45 am, and somehow, he can get himself up and going to go hunting at 3am?? Either way, I think he had a good time hunting with Andy, so I'm sure he'd say it was worth it!


He was gone all morning Saturday, I had plans to sleep in. Sleeping in now looks like 7am. WHAT HAPPENED. I used to be able to sleep till 11, sometimes 12. My body is clearly on schedule and I don't like that. I refuse to think that my sleeping in days are over.... I'm going to work on that. ha. I woke up and picked up the apartment, started some laundry, and waited for Alec to get home. Deb, Granny, and Deb's friend Donna all stopped by that afternoon, they wanted to check out the apartment, it's nothing special, but we love it and love to have guests! They left and we went over and met up with Molly and Andy at the movie theater to see the new James Bond movie. (Once again, I'm going to give you my opinion, I don't think anything I'm going to say will ruin the movie, but that is my heads up!)


I personally thought the movie was VERY good. Great action and a good plot. I'm not big into action flicks, but like I said, I really liked it. Not to mention that I LOVE this J. Bond. He's awesome, and to be quite honest, the past two are the ONLY two that I've ever seen. I didn't like the other guys. So, I give a two thumbs up and say it is totally worth the $19.00 we spent to see a freaking movie in the theaters! :)

After that we went over to the Parkers for some baked potato soup and cherry crunch (or Cherries Jubilee as Andy likes to call it.) We ate and watched some college football. I ended up falling asleep on the floor by the fireplace.... go figure. I'm like a kid in a carseat, if I sit still long enough, I'll fall right to sleep. haha.

Sunday we woke up and went to church. It was a great service. Several people were baptized and Jeff started a new series on the Holy Spirit. It isn't Western Hills, but I'm really starting to like Firewheel Fellowship. After church we went over to the Sowards house to celebrate Granny's birthday. There was great food and it was nice to see everyone. Alec's cousin was there with baby Cayden and I LOVE to hold him. He is precious. Alec and I headed out and got a little shopping done and got home just in time to catch the Cowboy game. It wasn't pretty, but a win is a win! We'll see ya Redskins. I cannot stand them and enjoyed beating them.

That is our weekend in a nutshell. It was very nice to actually have an entire weekend to spend together doing stuff. I LOVE this time of the year. I'm sad that I don't get to see my parents next week for Thanksgiving, but we'll be there with them for Christmas and I can't wait! This time of the year is just so jolly and everyone is so happy and I love to buy presents for other people. Alec already has his gift, that is usually the gift I like most to buy. I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday if that is at all possible!

0 comments: