Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I waited a day....

Well, I have to be honest and tell y'all that I wrote a post yesterday with my reaction to the election. I'd just like to say how glad I am that I waited to post it. I told myself yesterday after I wrote it that I would re-read it this morning and if I still wanted to post it, I would. Obviously, I had a little change of heart.

Since this is my blog, I am going to go ahead and give my reaction. My intent here is not to offend anyone, so I apologize and hope that you can respect my opinion. I feel that Obama winning paints a very clear picture of the state that our nation is in right now, and the picture isn't pretty. Have you ever met someone and they immediately gave you a bad vibe right off of the bat?? That is what I get from him, there is just something about him that leaves me feeling uneasy. I don't feel like he is honest and I don't know that he loves the Lord the way I feel a president should. I don't know his heart, but like I said, that is what I see. I don't believe half of what he says, and I don't believe that he knows what is best for this country. I am proud to be American, and I always will be, but I'm not proud of the decision that a lot of Americans made. This is the first and last post I will ever write about this. I am not going to be like a lot of people who have spent the last 8 years blaming every little bitty thing on President Bush. I am going to respect Obama as the president because the bible tells me to. I will not complain, and I know that it is all going to be ok. God does have a plan, sometimes I don't get what that plan is, but He may just like it that way, haha. I would also like to say how proud I am to have had a president like Bush, there is nothing like knowing that every decision he has dealt with, he put before God, and that is a comforting feeling, he may have not been perfect, but nobody is. I'm glad the election is over and I'll be glad when the next 4 years are over too :)

Now, for a recap of what is important. Alec and I have had a wonderful week! Monday we invited his parents over and I cooked. We had a good time. It's actually been a while since we had spent time with them so we got to catch up. And then last night, we had Molly and Andy over and I cooked again. I've discovered I love having people over and cooking for them. I dream of someday owning a house and throwing awesome dinner parties. We have some time before then, so for now, I'll stick to having a few people over and cooking for them :)

I'm so happy today is already Thursday and I am looking forward to the weekend. We don't have any big plans. Alec has one of his CPA cram sessions (poor thing) on Saturday. Those last forever, which means I will have to find something to keep me entertained all day. I'm going to bet I end up cleaning and doing laundry. (maybe walk over to the shops or something, haha... ) Sunday we are driving to Abilene to look at some puppies! I don't want to get too excited because I'm not 100% that we are going to get one, so I'll post again on Monday and know for sure then :)

While I'm bummed about the election, here are 5 things that I am happy about today!

1. It got cooler today! I LOVE fall weather and am ready for it to be here for good!

2. My wonderful hubby. He didn't do anything in particular, most people get to hear our morning stories and Alec in the morning will make anyone laugh. (needless to say, he has a hard time waking up!) Love you babe!

3. I might get to see my mom and dad on Sunday!!! Need I say more, I miss my parents... I realize I am 24 and married, but I still get homesick and wish they'd move to Dallas :(

4. I am meeting Allie at Jakes for happy hour tonight!!! Sister bonding time! Maybe we'll talk Alec and Ross into joining us... we'll see.

5. It is almost the weekend and I have things to look forward to this weeked!!!

Have a great day everyone!!