Sunday, October 26, 2008

Time for a Recap

Here are some pictures from our trip to Oklahoma! (They are at the beginning because I added the photo's after I wrote everything and I can't figure out how to cut and paste) 




My sweet hubby has been in Mexico since Thursday and I cannot begin to tell you how ready I am for him to be home.... he isn't flying in until 10pm tonight! So, I have some time to spare so I'll give all my 2 loyal readers a little recap of what we have been up to.

Last weekend we got to visit Andy Parker's home town in Oklahoma. It was so much fun. Out of the 4 of us, his home is the only one we all haven't been to. They live on land and their house is beautiful! They have miniature horses, horses, dogs, and a cat. So you know we had fun playing with all of the animals. Andy's family is big OSU fans so his dad gave us tickets to the OSU/Baylor game. The seats were awesome. 2nd row up, mid-field. Perfect, I was so close you could smell the players! haha. They won and it was cool to add another stadium to Alec and I's list of stadiums we've gone to. Sunday was Andy's birthday and we met some of his family at P.F. Changs and it was so good and fun to spend some time with his family. I can't say enough how much of a blessing Molly and Andy have been to us. They are such good friends and we are very thankful for them. 

We had a really laid back week. Alec left on Thursday so I spent the week cooking dinner every night! Go me!! I also cleaned and did laundry so Alec would have clothes to take. I was less than thrilled that he was going to be gone, but he was in a wedding in Mexico. I can handle being away from him, don't get me wrong, I HATE it, but it is easier to handle when I can at least call him whenever I need to. I have talked to him once for like 3 mins. and have gotten a few facebook messages. There is nothing like going to bed by myself, and not even being able to talk to him! 

I tried to make the best of him being gone. Thursday, Allie and I met at Jakes for happy hour. Yummy $2 Appletini's :) I can't say enough how much I love that she lives here, I miss my sisters!! Friday I went shopping after work and then met Russell at Gloria's. Saturday I had a to-do list a mile long and got it ALL done! I love days like that, I ran around like  a crazy person, but at the end of the day I felt like I had gotten so much accomplished! I ended up going over and having dinner and spending the night with Molly and Andy. Thank you again!!! 

One last thing.... yesterday was Alec and I's 5 MONTH anniversary! The past 5 months have honestly been wonderful. I could not be more thankful for Alec. He is so supportive and am so lucky to be his wife. He is my best friend and I love him more every single day. Alec, thank you so much for the past 5 months, I love that I get to spend the rest of my life with you!!! I love you. 

Hope everyone had a great weekend and has an even better week!

0 comments: