Friday, October 17, 2008

Random Thoughts for a Happy Friday!

HAPPY FRIDAY! I have decided that this is my favorite day of the week. I realize I have to work, but once I am done for the day I have the best feeling knowing I don't have to work for two whole days!!! I am not kidding, Carrie and I start our Monday morning emails looking forward to Friday.

So, here is what has been on my mind all week:

1. I'm so ready for this election to be over with. I've decided to stop worrying about it and just pray that God will put the right person in office. I'm tired of hearing people in the office talk about it, I'm just ready for it to be done. I personally truly hope that McCain will win... God has it figured out though, thank goodness!

2. I'm so stumped about this puppy thing. I want one, and then 5 mins. later I change my mind. We puppy-sat for Allie this past weekend and it was a lot of fun to have a puppy around, but reality sat in when sweet Bella chewed the power cord to the computer in half. So, $85 dollars later I got a new one, (Thanks Apple, as if the computer didn't cost enough to begin with) It was totally my fault, I was just happy she wanted to sit still for a min. and thought she was chewing her bone... wrong. Starting in Jan. Pricewaterhouse has given Alec a heads up saying that he'll probably be working at least 60 hours a week, they provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner for them for crying outloud! I guess that is why I really want one sometimes, at least I'd have some company around the apartment. But, it is going to be a lot of work... I just don't know. I wonder if this is the thought process I am going to have when Alec and I start thinking of starting a family....

3. I'm really starting to enjoy my job. For a while there I wasn't so sure but some changes are about to happen and I think or hope things will start to get better around here!

4. I miss my best friend! I am in such a "pickle" as Carrie calls it because as most know, she and Brian are going to build a house (yay! So happy for them) except... that means they won't be moving here. I guess I just always imagined us living in the same city, being pregnant at the same time, and I'm not sure how the heck we are going to pull that off. Alec and I have considered Chicago, which is a lost closer, but I'm not sure about St. Louis. (We're Cubs fans!) haha. Either way, God has blessed me with a WONDERFUL friendship with her and I'm so thankful that it doesn't matter where either one of us live, we have a special bond :)

5. I LOVE that I live closer to at least one of my wonderful sisters! I got to have lunch with Allie twice this week, it doesn't get any better than that!

6. I love being married more and more every single day. Alec is my world.

7. Finally, What the Heck Cowboys?! I'm very bummed about their situation and hope things can turn around for them. There may have been too much hype about them... I kind of wish they just would have laid low and then BAM, beat everyone! Too late for that now, I'll think positively, there is a lot of football left to be played!

If you actually read though all that, bless your heart! haha. I don't really have much to say, we've had a pretty laid back week. We are going to visit Andy's hometown this weekend and go to the Oklahoma State vs. Baylor game....Andy's family are big OSU fans,. Luckily the UT game is at 7, so we won't miss that! I'm not going to lie, I'm looking forward to a weekend where Alec and I can just stay in Dallas and not go ANYWHERE. That isn't going to happen until mid November. Gah...

Have a WONDERFUL weekend everyone!!!

2 comments:

Carrie Jo Howard said...

Awe... Love you Chels! have a great weekend in OK!

Sarah said...

I read it all!!

My two cents regarding the puppy -- first, I admit that I totally changed my mind about what I would say when you said what Alec's schedule would be like in the spring! So, when you get a puppy -- first, you have to decide if your work schedule is fair to the dog. How long will s/he have to be cooped up alone during the day. Going with that -- the smartest thing you can do is to "crate" the dog during the day, anytime you leave, and at night. Yes, it will cry at first, yes, it will be all pathetic looking when you go to bed, but $85 is a drop in the bucket if you leave a dog home alone all day. Of course, it could have plenty of toys in the crate!!

I love Fridays, too, and this one is BEAUTIFUL! Enjoy!