Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Random Six

I saw this on Sarah's blog and decided it looked like fun and that I would also do it. (and I need a quick break from work).

Here are 6 random things you should know about me.

1.) I am a FREAK about making the bed. My sweet husband can vouch for me on this one because he has finally learned to not even offer to help me make it. I'm going to have to go ahead and say I got this from my mom, but I HATE wrinkles. I cannot stand them! Call me strange, but every single day before I get in bed I have to smooth everything out. Sorry, God made me that way :)

2.) Carrie Howard, my roommate in college, my best friend that now lives in St. Louis, had to teach me to brown meat my Sophomore year of college. This is not a lie. I am pretty sure Alec was a little worried about all this because I didn't know how to cook. I also am going to blame this one on my mom (sorry). But, she took really good care of us growing up. We were busy kids and she is an amazing cook, why would I waste my time learning to cook when she did such a good job. What I wouldn't give for some of my mom's food tonight! In case some of you were wondering, I LOVE to cook now! And, the other night Alec said (this is true), "You are a really good cook babe". I didn't make that up, ask him!

3.) I WAS NOT going to go to ACU. Obviously I did end up going there, but ask anyone that knows me well they know that I made a huge deal about not going to "that place". My mom and dad, a set of grandparents, older sister, cousin all went to ACU. I can remember going to SingSong and thinking, I'm not coming here, mark my words. Ha. I laugh now because I LOVE Abilene and I LOVED going to ACU. (You know this if you read my blog often!) I think back and that is when I can truely see that God really does have a plan for all of us. I know I didn't plan on going to ACU, that was his doing. He placed me there and I can't imagine my life any differently. I was blessed to be able to go there and am very thankful that my parents gave me that opportunity.

4.) I'm obsessed with my parents! I kind of tear up thinking about this one because honestly I love living in Dallas, but I miss my parents... a LOT! I know everyone thinks their parents are the best, but I can't say thank you enough to mine. Both of them have always been such a great example, not just as parents, but as Christians. They have made me who I am today. They've given so much and they are the most unselfish two people you will ever meet. They are awesome and I miss being able to jump in the car and drive over there for the afternoon, or meet them at Homeplace for dinner. I love them and feel so blessed to have the two of them as parents.

5.) Brandi and Allie used to gang up on me... when we moved into our new house in Troy, that was the first time that I had my own room, Allie and I always shared a room. Well, Brandi and Allie thought it would be funny to put crickets in my pillow. Not funny! We are best friends now and I'm not sure what I would do without them. We always have fun together, definitely never a dull moment when you have the whole family at home.

6.) I'm silly. I'm 24 years old and I seriously feel like I'm just a 13 year old trapped inside this body. Don't get me wrong, I have my moments when I'm not real happy or I have to act like an adult, but for the most part I love to laugh and just be goofy. Silly dancing, jokes, all of it, I like to make others laugh too. Life's too short to take things too seriously... I should probably take that advice even more than I do now, but I try to keep that in mind when I am get all worked up about something.

There are my random six. As Sarah said in her post, if you have some time and blog, tell us your random six!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

1 comments:

Carrie Jo Howard said...

Ha! Oh the hamburger helper days of Morris Hall! I love you and I miss you so dang MUCH!