Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Wanted: A new addition to the Sowards Family

When Alec and I first met over 4 years ago one thing I noticed right away was that he LOVED dogs. We got my Dad a black lab not long after Alec and I started dating and Alec couldn't get enough of Harley. The thing that blew my mind was the he has NEVER HAD A DOG! Sad.

For a long time we said that as soon as we got old enough we were going to get a lab. When I think about getting a lab now, I think it would be punishment because they could run for hours and we live in an apartment and don't have a yard. I know how miserable Harley and Maggie would be and I just couldn't do that. So we decided we would wait until we had a house and a yard and then we would get one. However that was before we met Splitty and Mini. They are English Bulldogs and are seriously the coolest dogs I have ever been around. They are the best indoor dog for a couple of reasons: they don't like to be hot or cold, they aren't much for exercise, and did I mention they hate being outside? I bet you are thinking they are probably pretty boring then. So wrong. When I lived with Chris and Ashley that was one of my favorite things about coming home from work. They are so happy to see you (that is any dog) but I don't know, they just have awesome personalities. Not to mention, I love watching Alec play with them. Anyone that spent any time with us in Abilene knows that he LOVED Splitty.

So, the search is on. I am going to find my wonderful husband an English Bulldog. We went and looked last night in Hurst and saw some, but none that we just could not live without. I am so excited. Right now is just a really good time because Alec doesn't start work until September 22, and he is home alone all day. It would be great for him to have some company and also a great time for him to train her.

One more thing, I need some help. We are getting a female and I need some ideas for cute girl names. I told Alec that he gets to pick her out but I want to name her. I like the idea of having a tough looking bulldog with a sweet name. I thought of Ella, he hates it. So, I need some suggestions. He wants something like: Meatie, Jax...I can't think of the other ones he said. So, HELP.

I wanted to show some pictures of what our possible new baby is going to look like:





HOW CUTE ARE THEY! Definitely brings a smile to my face!
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

Jacci said...

oh. my. gosh. those are the cutest puppies i've ever seen! sounds like a perfect fit!

Anonymous said...

Ok those are the cutest puppies ever! I want to come and see this puppy once you get her. Hope you are having fun being married!!! Love you!