Monday, June 16, 2008

It's Monday already?!

Why is it that the weekend goes by soooo fast!? Mine started out by going to the Roughrider's game. It was just Alec, Chris, and I and we had a great time. I had to wake up early Saturday morning to head to Waco, Texas. One of my friends from high school asked me to be in her wedding and Saturday was her "bachelorette" party. We started out at a spa in Waco and we all got Manicures and Pedicures. They were great, we were there from 10:30 till 3:00pm, so it took a while. After that we were going to grab lunch but by then it was almost time to eat dinner so we headed to her future mother-in-laws house where her lingerie shower was. I hadn't seen a lot of those people in over five years, so it was nice to catch up and see how much has actually changed. I stayed for dinner and to watch Chelsey open gifts and around 10:00pm I headed back to Dallas. I'm not going to lie, it was a strange feeling to go back "home". I mean, that is where I grew up and I loved it there, but I started thinking about it on my way back to Dallas, so much has changed. It was also fun for Chelsey and I to retell some of our stories from High School. Oh my gosh, we were so bad. No bad in the sense that we drank and did horrible things like that, we were just so silly, but we had so much fun, that is for sure! It was nice to take a trip down memory lane, but I sure do love my life now :)

Sunday we went over to Alec's parents house for lunch. We hadn't seen them since they picked us up from the airport from our honeymoon. We also had to take more of our stuff, ahh, we have so much stuff everywhere. We had a good time. AFter that we went over to see Jordan's new apartment and watch some golf. Had the game ended differently I might not of had such a good time, but seeing as how Tiger pulled it off, I had a great time! Alec will seriously tell you this, I don't watch golf unless Tiger is playing. I don't know why, I just love him. I mean I guess it has something to do with how good he is, but honestly if he isn't playing, I don't really care. haha. I told Alec the other day, there are two people I would LOVE to meet. 1. Terrell Owens2. Tiger WoodsIn that order. You don't have to comment on that, I'm entitled to my own opinion and it doesn't hurt you for me to like them. So there.Anyway, after golf, we went to check out Chris's new apartment. It's pretty awesome too. I just like that he and Ashley will be sooo much closer. YAY!

I have to get back to work now. A couple of random thoughts that I have on my mind today:
I want a dog. BAD. I've been looking at English Bulldogs online today.... someday :)
Any suggestions for what to make for dinner??? I'm stumped
I really need to workout
I'm planning a trip to Missouri!
I get to see my parents in less than a month! yesss...

Have a great Monday!

4 comments:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Dinner -- I have a recipe blog sarahsrecipes.blogspot.com, but my "fall-back" recipes are: spaghetti, taco stack, or rotisserie chicken (OMGsh -- I know I spelled that wrong...!) with some steamed veggies.

Yeah, dogs -- precious and rewarding (NO ONE will ever be that consistently happy to see you!), but really cuts back on your 'weekend trip' here and 'little trip' there.

Sorry for the deleted comment -- my bad...

Carrie Jo Howard said...

I cannot WAIT for you to come here. I miss you so flipping much! Love you!

PS - GET A DOG. Just do it.

Allie B. said...

You better not let Dad hear you talking about how much you love Tiger Woods...haha. p.s. we need to get together and share recipes sometime bc I usually run out of ideas also. I love and miss you sister!