Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mr. and Mrs. Alec Sowards

Well, I am married! :) I have to put a smily face after I write that because a smile comes across my face when I type it. It is still weird to be introduced as Alec's wife, but I love it.

I will start with saying, I learned how to post pictures, however, I don't have them yet, so give me a little time and I will post some from the wedding and honeymoon.

The wedding was perfect! The whole weekend was so much fun. It started out Friday morning, my mom, Brandi, Allie, and I all went to favorite spa in Southlake and got massages, they were much needed and felt amazing. Then we had everyone that was in town for the wedding over to the Soward's for a cookout. It was very relaxed and just a good time to catch up with a lot of people I hadn't seen in a long time. Just as the night started to wrap up, I get orders from Alec that I have 45mins. to shower because we were going out. One thing should stand out in your mind right now and that is that I cannot shower and be ready to go anywhere in 45 mins. However, I looked like crap, but did pull this off. around 10:30pm the a stretch hummer limo came and picked everyone up (compliments of one of my favorite people in the world: Mr. Chris Wiman) and we headed to Dallas. I'm not gonna lie, I was tired, but we had sooo much fun. For the most part it was baseball guys, my sisters, Ashley, and Carrie and Brian. I'm so glad we did that, it was a lot of fun. Saturday was the bridal luncheon at Blue Mesa Grill, it was very good and I will be going back. We had a lot of fun and once it was over we didn't have much time to change and get to the rehearsal.

After the rehearsal we went to the rehearsal dinner. All I am going to say about that is it is a night that neither Alec or I will ever forget. We are blessed to have the most amazing friends and family and that night will always be very special to me. Sunday was the wedding. It could not have been better. Alec and I had a blast, seriously. We had so much fun talking, dancing, and hanging out with everyone that was there. I won't lie, I cried a little. The only times were when my dad came in to get me, he was just so handsome! And, I cried right as my dad and I got to Alec. I really can't believe how fast it went. I tried to listen for most of the ceremony but I kept looking at Alec and thinking, this is really happening finally. I can't believe I get to marry my best friend. It's probably one of the best moments of my life. It was just so much fun having everyone that we care so much about in one room. After the wedding we went to the Gaylord Texan and left for our honeymoon the next morning....

to be continued.

(I guess I should work now)

That is a fast verision of the wedding recap. I can't say thank you enough to everyone who was there with us. I just ask that everyone continue Alec and I in your prayers as we begin this journey together :)

1 comments:

coachbundy said...

The Bundy family is so happy for you. You were a beautiful bride and we think you have picked a great husband who deserves a wonderful wife like you. We are very proud of you and we love you very much. Good job Beck.