Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Finally Home

As most of you know my parents moved from my home in Troy to Ballinger about 3 years ago. I love their house in Ballinger, but it just never felt like home to me. So, for the past 3 years I have definitely not been houseless, I just felt homeless. You know how college is, I went from an apartment w/Brandi to a duplex, then to a house w/ Lacey, to a house w/ Chris and Ash, and finally moved in with Alec's parents 3 months before the wedding. Needless to say, my stuff was everywhere!

Well, I can finally say that Alec and I have a "home". We love it. Me loving it has nothing to do with the things in it or the way it looks, more that it is where Alec and I live. I'm not going to lie, he is a great person to live with. He is home this summer studying for the CPA but he helps with dinner and laundry and is a wonderful husband to me:) I love living with him. I have done no decorating yet, but maybe I will have time to do that this summer. Here are a few pictures:

This is the half bath, it really is used more than I thought it would be.


You can't really tell but the closet is HUGE! Definitely a plus!


This is our bathroom


Our front door :)


The kitchen


The Living Room



The last picture is actually our first piece of furniture that we had to buy as a married couple. Alec's dad lived and worked in California and he let us have all of his furniture from his apartment in California. The kitchen really doesn't have much cabinet space, so this helped with some overflow of cups and pitchers and who knows what else.

Chris and Ashley came to visit us this weekend. As usual, we had such a good time. They got here on Thursday and we took them to Gloria's. For those of you who have never been, you should go. It is pretty good. Chris and Ash went w/ Alec to buy the new TV. It is definitely a GREAT addition to the apartment. The weekend ended up going by so fast as usual, but it really was nice to have them here for a little while. We got pretty used to seeing them every single day for quite some time so it felt like old times in Abilene with them here, even if it was only for a weekend. I just wish that they would move to Dallas, along with Carrie and Brian and Seth and Amy. It would be hard to get any work done, but it sure would be great!

Hope everyone is having a great week. Don't start thinking about Friday yet because it isn't even Wednesday.... boo!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Chelsea! Your apartment is so cute and all the pics on fb from your wedding are so pretty! You look beautiful lady!

Carrie Jo Howard said...

I'm so proud of you for keeping up on your blog! I need to learn some things from you... ha. You apartment looks great! Can't wait to see it! Love you!!