Thursday, June 19, 2008

"Remember When..."

I would like to start off by saying one thing, I LOVE BEING MARRIED and I absolutely love my life... ( I know you are waiting for the but part to come in) but, I have to tell you what was running through my mind this morning.

My alarm went off at its usual 5:30am and for some reason this morning these were my thoughts, "College was awesome, if I were in college right now, I could a. skip class b. go to class and take a nap afterwards or c. well really, there is no way I would have ever been awake by 5:30 during school." Since Alec gets to sleep in, I don't have any music or televisions on while I get ready for work and I'm not kidding you, I starting think of all of the things I loved about ACU and all of the memories I have from Abilene. I will share them with you now... please enjoy the trip down memory lane with me!

1. My first date with Alec. We went to Lytle Land and Cattle... he picked me up and he was wearing jeans, boots, and a brown jacket... I ate chicken strips and mashed potatos and was wearing a kahki skirt with this orange shirt. (Is it sad I remember that?)

2. Hanging out at Jeff Thigpens house Freshmen year after curfew. How did we get there... thats where #3 comes in.

3. Sneaking out of Nelson Dorm. haha. (Sorry Mom) Oh my gosh, running across the yard had to have been priceless to see.

4. Dollar Burrito days! My mouth just watered and my stomach growled, a bean and cheese burrito sounds sooo good, even at 9:30 in the morning.

5. Friday chapel! There is nothing better than getting hundreds of Christians into a single place and praising God. Never thought I would miss chapel but I do!

6. Class w/ Carrie. We seriously wrote notes every.single.day. Like we didn't talk enough? I actually remember when Carrie wrote me a note that she and Brian had booked their wedding venue and this was before they were engaged. I was shocked, I had no idea they were thinking about getting married.

7. Baseball Games! I could cry thinking about it. There is nothing better than watching the love of your life do something they love. Other girlfriends might have dreaded baseball season, not me, that was my favorite part of the year. I loved spending my Fridays and Saturdays watching ACU baseball.

8. The bean freshmen year. I seriously looked forward to seeing everyone in the bean. I hated the food but that always seemed to be a place we had so much fun doing ridiculous immature things.

9. NAPS! That was the great part about college, go to class and take naps so you could do stuff at night and start all over again the next day :)

10. Curfew freshmen year. Being forced to be in the dorms at a certain time led to some pretty interesting activities. Usually we would just find ways to entertain ourselves, cups, tv, movies, talking, talking, and more talking.

11. Meeting Molly and Andy. I remember the first time we ever hung out. It was the night I found out that I didn't get a bid from the Siggies (I'm not real sure what I was thinking anyway).

12. Molly and I cooking dinner for Alec and Andy when they lived together. That was the best set up ever because the boys would come home from baseball and Molly and I would cook dinner and we'd all get to hang out.

13. Baseball roadtrips with Kara. We went all over the place to see those boys play.

14. Living with Chris and Ashley! That was seriously the hardest thing about leaving Abilene. They are pretty special to Alec and I and I am not real sure what I would do without them. We had many many nights of Rock Band, Buffalo Wild Wings, llaattee nights :), and movies.

15. Living w/ Splitty and Mini.

16. My surprise Birthday party that Chris and Ashley threw for me. I was seriously surprised and that very rarely happens. Seriously. They thought I was mad but really I was just shocked.

17. Living close to my parents. They moved to Ballinger and I LOVED that I could go see them whenever I wanted. They would come over and watch Alec play baseball and we'd get dinner and it was really nice. I miss them a lot!

18. My workout partner! That would be carrie. It always seemed to workout so nicely because when she wouldn't want to work out, I would and vice versa. I need my workout partner to live a little closer.

19. On that note, I miss little ole Gold's Gym. I felt so comfortable there and I liked the people that worked there.

20. Alec coming over after baseball. I seriously looked forward to this everyday. He would always be so dirty but sooo happy to see me. I think of living in Morris and I would hear his truck pull up and run downstairs and get the biggest hug.

21. 2107 Ave. F. I LOVED LIVING THERE!

22. Running around school.

23. Hanging out w/ the baseball guys. All I have to say is there is NEVER a dull moment. NEVER.

Ok, that is all for now. Sorry that was long and I doubt anyone read all of the, but I enjoyed thinking back to all of that. As much as I said I would NEVER go to ACU, God works in amazing ways. I met my husband, my best friends, and got to make some wonderful memories. (cheesy I know) Maybe not everyone leaves feeling that way, but I did.

Alright, it is Thursday (thank goodness), the weekend is soooo close :) Alec and I are going to take Sowards' family portrait tonight in Highland Park with the rest of the family and then we are going to dinner. We are also going to try out the Glass Cactus. Everyone keeps talking about it so I am giving in a going on a work night. This might just be a bad idea. If anyone wants to come, call me.

Have a great Thursday!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Ohhh that made me so sad! (But in a good way!) I miss college so much and all those fun things too! Even the whole Chapel thing... Friday's were the best.

Carrie Jo Howard said...

I LOVED this blog... brought back some AMAZING memories. Made me a bit sad as well :( I miss you and I love you and I will see you SOON.

Scott & Erica said...

okay, i read the whole thing and the entire time was thinking, "and she didn't even want to go to ACU." then you said it. so, your parents were right and God had a plan for you. pretty cool. what's the coolest is that you are mature enough to realize it. you're awesome!
erica