Sunday, June 29, 2008

Time Flies

Carrie requested an update a week ago... sorry it took so long. I've been busy and for some reason I can't remember what the heck I have been up to. 


This past weekend I was in a wedding of one of my friends from high school. She and her now husband have been together since we were all in high school, I think it has actually been 7 years, so I am extremely happy for both of them. I saw sooo many people that I seriously haven't seen or talked to since I graduated from high school. Its pretty cool that they all stayed such good friends, but I just can't imagine going back and living there now. I had a great time in high school and it was fun to retell stories from then (and we DID have some stories, haha) but I was ready to come home by the end of the weekend. I was a LOT out of the loop of things, so I spent a lot of time alone. Either way, I am so happy for Mr. and Mrs. Corey Pierce! Congrats guys!

Other than that I have basically just been going to work and spending time with Alec. And that is where the whole topic of work comes in. I will just be honest.. I am not happy with it right now. I don't know. First jobs are always a learning experience and I know this one is trying to teach me something.... I will just have to sit back and have faith that I am in the right place right now. We'll see how it goes. 

I got to see my mom and dad this weekend. That was GREAT! I haven't seen my dad since the wedding and that is about a month longer than I like to go without seeing either one of them. He is a happy man right now. He decided to get a Harley this weekend. I'm not sure how I feel about that. He is a grown man so it doesn't really matter how I feel, but they just scare me. You don't talk to many people that have a bike that don't have some sort of horror story. Oh well, it is an awesome bike, so I'm happy if he is happy :)

I'm pumped because I have a 4 day work week, so I don't even mind going to work tomorrow, lets just get to Thursday and I'll be fine. We are going out to my parents house in Ballinger and I can't wait. Brandi, Andrew, Allie, Ross, Alec, Molly, and Andy are all going to be out there. Family functions are always fun especially now that our family is growing. 

Anyway, this is short, but there isn't much going on. Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL week and I will be sure to post pictures from the 4th weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I think Brody and I are going to venture out to Ballinger while you are there so I can see Brandi and Andrew!! I can't wait to see all of you! Hope you are doing better with the job stuff. Love you!

Scott & Erica said...

i got to see your parents this weekend!!! your dad failed to mention the harley!
i'm so glad you are loving life and happily married. keep in touch and keep posting pics of the newlyweds
erica

Sarah said...

Your dad needs a Harley, no doubt. My dad rides a harley and doesn't have any horror stories (of his own) but he has a healthy respect for what a dangerous vehicle he is sitting atop when he rides. I think that's what make the 'mature' (ahem) riders better -- they just want to enjoy the ride.