Thursday, June 5, 2008

Two days in a row...

contuinuing from where I left off from the previous post....

We woke up Monday morning after the wedding and Alec's parents picked us up and took us to the airport to head to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico! They also got us first class seats there and back. This is awesome because it is going to be a LLLOOONNNNGG time before Alec and I go anywhere first class, but it was great! I always wondered what was so great for people to pay more, but now I know. I will tell you what Alec I enjoyed most about it: no lines! they serve you warm nuts and they are sooo good, they give you the earphones to watch the movie (how nice of them not to charge you the $2.00) and you get a full meal. The meals were both really good. On the way there we had sandwiches and on the way back we had tortalini and it was good also. Would we give up eating for a week to afford first class tickets, no, but it was pretty cool and we both enjoyed it a lot :)

We got to Playa Del Carmen and took a bus to our resort, it was called the Gran Porto Real. We were so excited, we had a "Ocean View" jr. suite. We thought that was pretty cool! We were on our honeymoon and we were going to be staring off of the balcony at the ocean.....or so we thought. We got to our room and looked out and saw..........the street. Not a pretty pool or courtyard, definitely not the beach, but the street. If you leaned out over the balcony you could get a gimps of the ocean. Alec and I were kind of bothered by this. They lied! They do that to you on purpose, so for all of you who don't know, there is a difference, you don't want an "ocean view" you want an "ocean FRONT view". So, we actually ended up going across the street to the Royal at Playa Del Carmen and it turned out to work better for us anyway. It was the "couples only" resort and there were a ton of other honeymooners. Our room was awesome, we still weren't looking at the ocean, but we didn't care, we were much happier there.

The week started out with us finding our spot at the pool after breakfast and staying there till mid-afternoon. The weather was beautiful and it was so relaxing. Thursday we went on an Aquadic Expedition. We got on a van at 8:30 in the morning and our tour guides, Oscar and Leo, took us to three really cool places to snorkle. The first was in Akumal and it was really pretty. We swam out to a coral reef and it was so pretty. We saw some cool fish and a snake! (My mom would have died) The second place was a cavern/cave. I will start by saying I don't like to jump into swimming pools in the dark, they freak me out, I'm not sure why? Secondly, I was unaware of this "cave snorkling" but I was not about to be the loser that sat out. It turned out to be one of the coolest things I've ever done. God is amazing. It was beautiful. It was fresh water and it looked man made, that is how beautiful it was. We went into places where no light has ever been, the water was FREEZING, but it was worth every second. They made us lunch and then we went to the last place. It was called a "cenote". It was a beautiful fresh water pond, that is what I would call it. Alec jumped off of the cliff there and we looked at all of the fish, they were everywhere! We had a blast. The next day we got massages, they were great! The rest of the time we spent on the beach, we walked through town, and laid out at the pool. I was literally depressed when it was time to come home. I loved every second of the vacation. I wouldn't have changed a thing, and I hope that someday Alec and I will go back to the same exact resort. It was perfect! Oh, and I know you are wondering about the food, because well, you have to eat. Their food was AMAZING. I'm not just saying that. All of their restaurants were very good, they had an Asian place that had sushi and it was really good, they had a very nice Mexican place, and their main cafeteria called "Spice" had the best breakfast in the world. Oh yeah, one more thing, you could order room service 24hours and that was part of the all inclusive. AWESOME!

So, the wedding and honeymoon are over, and Alec and I are just trying to get settled. I love our apartment but I am so ready to have it in order. I am back at work, its hard to go because I think my body knows that it is summer time and I'm suppose to sleep a lot and get a lot of sun and I'm not really getting either. It doesn't help that Alec is at home. It is actually probably harder for him. He is studying for the CPA and I can't imagine how hard it would be to make myself wake up and study for most of the day. He told me last week that 10% of the people that take it, pass it on the first time. His job right now is just to get as prepared as he can. I know he will do a great job, but yall just remember him in your prayers, its a stressful time for him!

Ok, I'm back to work. It is Thursday, one more day and the weekend will be here!!!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Next time, can you pack Troy and me in your suitcases? You may have to pay that pesky little $50 fee, 'cause we definitely weigh more than 50 lbs. ... but we would help with that. That sounds AMAZING. So glad you had that time together! And, grown-up jobs with no summer vacation? They stink. And I will never have a grown-up job, but I do teach (literally) snotty-nosed 5 and 6 year olds how to swim in the summers, so you pick your poison on how you want to pay the bills! :-)