Friday, January 2, 2009

The Best of 2008

Here is a look back of some of Alec and I's favorite memories of 2008 in pictures. Enjoy!!

The year started out with us both in Abilene, this is a picture at Perini's for his surprise birthday party! We had so much fun our last semester there!!

THE WEDDING! This is without a doubt the most fun day of our life! It could not have been more perfect!! 

The Honeymoon. We went to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico and loved every single second of it. We'll never forget the week we spent relaxing after the whirlwind weekend of our wedding :)

This is at a Ranger game during the summer before Alec started work. We had a lot of fun doing stuff like this all summer.

Allie's graduation! We got to drive to College Station to see her become a Former Aggie. It was a pretty cool experience and we are so proud of her!

We went this fall to Abilene to watch the ACU football play-off game. It was pretty cool to see how many people were there and to go back to see them win!

Our FIRST Thanksgiving as a married couple. We have never spent a holiday together, I'm looking forward to many more!

The Becker/Bell wedding! It was so much fun! We had been looking forward to that day for a long time and it certainly lived up to the hype. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was a blast!

Tucker! This is Alec's first dog ever! Can you believe that! It has definitely been a learning experience, he has been a great addition to our little family.

Christmas at the Becker Ranch! Again, our first Christmas together. Alec killed his first deer! Everyone was pretty excited, first deer to be shot on my parents land!

Last but not least, Ski Trip/New Years in Angel Fire, New Mexico. Alec's parents bought this house this summer and it is AWESOME! We had a great time skiing/boarding. The snow was great, most of the runs were open, and it was a lot of fun!! 

That is a quick look back on our year! We have been blessed in so many ways in 2008 and I am looking forward to what 2009 has in store! 

I have a few "New Years Resolutions" I am going to share (mostly so that I can look back in a couple of months and see how well I have done!):

  1. Switch to AM workouts. When I say AM I mean 4:30AM. I love working out in the morning and being done for the day, so I am setting the goal and we'll see how it goes.
  2. Be more patient! The puppy is helping with this process, I just get in a hurry and set my mind on something that I get irritated when things disrupt it, I'd like to stop that! 
  3. Run a 10K. 
That's really all I have, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Years! 

2 comments:

Scott & Erica said...

what a great year! what a beautiful couple! your blog makes me happy! erica

Sarah said...

Yay! Thanks for sharing the year with us!

About AM workouts -- done the 4:30 thing. Even now, unemployed other than by the Stirman family, I got up at 5 this a.m. so i could get my Bible study in before the day hit full force. You can totally do it! The trick, I've learned, is NOT in getting OUT of bed on time -- anyone can do it once or twice -- the trick is in getting IN bed on time. You can't do 5 hours of sleep too many nights in a row as a working individual.

Can't wait to hear about your 10k. Do you have a Nike+? I love mine --just another gadget that makes it fun to see improvement (which is SCARCE for me now!) Oh -- and thanks for the song suggestions! It's NEVER too many! Send me any you can think of!