Monday, January 19, 2009

The Job Search

I would first like to say THANK YOU so much to everyone who left encouraging words, it is nice to hear other peoples stories of the way that God works through difficult times, I know this is no different. So, thank you thank you!


I wish I had something exciting here to write about on the job front, but I more or less have nothing, which is discouraging to me, but I got laid off a week ago today, so I'm just going to stay positive and know that this is going to work out. 

So, in order to help keep myself positive, here are some things I'm really happy about today:
  1. Carrie got the job here in Dallas, they will be living here in LESS THAN A MONTH. I cannot wait! 
  2. The Steelers are going to the Super Bowl. Ok... Alec got me into fantasy football this season and even though our league is over now, I had Willie Parker and Hines Ward and Alec had Ben Rothlesburger. So... somehow over the season we took a liking to them. We both really like Mike Tomlin, the coach... and the Cowboys were embarrassing so, we are going for them. I'm not ready for football to be over though.
  3. I got to spend all weekend with Alec, hopefully that will hold me over until Friday because he will be working late all week. 
  4. I'm excited about my future job. I know that it will be FINALLY be something I enjoy doing!
That's really all I can think of today... but hey, that is better than nothing. 

I have a quick question.... I see everyone's adorable Blog headers, maybe I missed this but do you guys pay someone to do it, or can you do it yourself somewhere?? Help a girl out, mine needs SERIOUS help!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Please keep Alec and I in your prayers, with his long hours, and my job search, it would be greatly appreciated!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I finally found your blog! I do my blog banners at Scrapblog.com Although it's free, you do have to register. I will warn you..it's addicting! Let me know if you have any questions about it!

Andrea said...

...well look at you missy! I like your banner.

Kelly Sessions said...

chelsea...OK, so I have had a scrapblog for a while now, but I am unsure how to add this to my blog. I've tried EVERYTHING but for some reason i'm not getting it right! How did you do yours?