Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back to Reality

The holidays have come and gone, right along with my vacation! To say that Alec and I were less than thrilled about going to work on Monday is a complete understatement! We were enjoying our time off and NOT ready for it to come to an end.... however, here I sit at my desk, trying to get this work week behind me!

Christmas was wonderful! We loved every min. we got to spend in Ballinger with my family! It was a relaxing time spent playing games, talking, eating, hunting, and just hanging out. It had been a while since we had that much time to spend out there, it's always nice to go "home".

The ski trip was also a lot of fun. I was pretty stressed out about the drive. We took Alec's truck, he's had it since he was 16... it is in ok shape, but I did not feel good about driving it all the way out to Angel Fire. However, it made it there and back in one piece, and now I'm ready to get rid of it! haha. The snow was awesome, the mountian was packed, and the new Sowards house in Angel Fire is perfect! We had a great time and I'm looking forward to going back soon!

Now, for the fun stuff!!! BRIAN AND CARRIE ARE COMING TOMORROW! Carrie is my other half. The best friend a girl could ask for and I haven't seen her since the wedding in May! They are coming into town for several reasons, a wedding, job interview, house hunting, and visiting us and other friends. It will be a quick visit, but just a taste of what is to come and soon hopefully! For those that don't know, we have been friends since our Freshmen year of college and have just gotten closer over the years. So to say that I am pretty pumped that she is moving back to Texas, much less the Dallas area, is an understatement. Alec and I are introducing them to Gloria's on Thursday night when they get into town, hope they love it, if not, they have the most awesome $3 margarita's and I know they'll love those! CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU GUYS TO GET HERE!!!

Alec started busy season this week, I hate it. As my mother says, you can do ANYTHING for 3 months. So, I'm going to suck it up and know that March will be here before we know it and we have a trip planned to celebrate him being done :) He has to go to Abilene on Saturday for another inventory count... boo! So, I'm just going to keep myself busy till he gets home.

Hope everyone is having a great start to a new year! Happy HumpDay!

2 comments:

Kelly Sessions said...

chelsea...I enjoy reading your blog at work:)(found yours on Sarahs) haha I defnitely use mine to break up my day sometimes! Y'alls family pictures are so cute! I hope work is going well and life too.

Just wanted to say hello!

Carrie Jo Howard said...

yay for margaritas!! :) See you tomorrow! sooooooooooooo excited!!!Love youuuu!!