Monday, September 15, 2008

Lazy Weekend

Well, here's a quick recap of what we have been up to lately. Time seems to be flying by! Alec and I had a great weekend and as usual I wish it didn't have to end.

I got off of work at 2:30pm on Friday because our main office is in Downtown Houston and most of them had been gone since noon on Thursday, but there were a few straglers that finally left at 2:30 so we got to go with them. I got home and Alec and I went to the gym and decided that it was time to finally get our own cell phone plan. We have had great parents that have lovingly continued to pay for our cell phones until Alec started working, but we decided it had been long enough. We knew we wanted to to switch to at&t and to say that Alec has been wanting an iphone is an UNDERSTATEMENT! haha. So... we switched to at&t and got us some iphones. It was a great day for me because Alec was seriously the happiest person on the planet. Mine was an early bday present and I love mine too, but he has been wanting one for a while, so it made my day that we FINALLY got to get them. I love you babe! Glad you got your new phone :)

After that we met Molly and Andy and Molly's cousin, Courtney at our usual spot, Gloria's. It was amazing as usual. We ate and had a fair share of their famous margarita's and really enjoyed hanging out with them as always :) Alec and I both got up Saturday morning and Alec went off to class and I proceeded to lay on the couch and watch One Tree Hill and 90210 on the Soap Network. Ridiculous, I know. But, I love them still. I then got off the couch and cleaned, there is nothing better than a clean apartment with all the laundry done... ahh. Alec got to come home early becuase of the hurricane and we had a great rest of the day. We didn't do anything exciting, we actually stayed in just the two of us. I'm not going to lie... probably my favorite part of the weekend :)

Sunday we got up and went to church. We are going to Firewheel Fellowship here in Garland and really like it. I think it is always going to be pretty hard for me because I had such an amazing church growing up. If I could, I would take Western Hills and put it in Garland, I miss seeing everyone's face and all the hugs. I probably compare every church we try to Western Hills, but I guess it is true, there is no place like home, and that will always be my church home. Either way, we enjoy going here, there are a lot of great people. After church we came home and I cooked bbq chicken burgers and we had people over to watch the football games. Molly, Andy, Jordan, Allie and Ross all came over and we had a great time. There is nothing better than a lazy Sunday with the people you love. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend :)

We are going to Champs to watch the Cowboy game tonight, I hope they win, the Eagles always show up to play though, thats for sure. We'll see. GO COWBOYS! (Go T.O. he's on my fantasy team).

Finally, this is Alec's last week before starting work. I'm not ready. As I have said a million times, I love coming home to him. He's always so happy to see me and waiting with a big hug. Once he starts working I will without a doubt be beating him home, but I guess I'll just have to be the one waiting with a big hug for him. If you all will just keep him in your prayers, its always nerve racking to start a new job, I hope he really enjoys it. I just pray that we can adjust to spending a little less time with each other and he can adjust to waking up before noon :) Love you babe! haha.

Have a great week everyone!!!

ps: Tomorrow is my mother and I's birthday!!!! I LOVE sharing a birthday with my mom. I have without the best mom in the world, so if you are reading this mom, I love you and hope you have a WONDERFUL birthday!!! Thank you for being you, I don't know what I'd do without you :)

0 comments: