Thursday, September 18, 2008

The BIG 24!

Well.... I am 24 years old! My oh my how time flies!! Feels like I couldn't wait to be old enough to drive and now... i'm 24. Life is good and God has been so good to me the past 24 years.

For my birthday, Professional Alternatives gives you the day off! What a great present! So, for my birthday Alec and I decided to go to Abilene. Abilene, really? I know that is what some of you are saying, but there were a couple of reasons. 1. I cannot part ways with my hair girl, Kim Shipp is amazing and I'm not ready to find a new girl here in Dallas (that may be lame to some of you, but that was one of the reasons, haha) 2. Alec wanted to take me to my MOST FAVORITE place to eat for my birthday and it happens to be in Abilene. The Beehive. I've talked about it on here before, but that was also a reason. and 3. I miss it. I have to clear that last one up a little bit. I don't miss it in a, want to move to Abilene, kind of way. Just miss what life was like when we lived there. I miss the people that were there when we lived there.

So, we woke up bright and early and headed to A-town! We got there and had La Popular! I had two bean and cheese burritos and they were AMAZING as always! Then we headed to Dolce to get my hair done, and Alec went and had my car maintenanced. I miss Kim and I miss being able to schedule an appointment whenever I want. She does amazing work and has really become one of my good friends. She also drove to Dallas to do my hair for the wedding, she's great and it was nice spending some time with her. Then we had some time to spare before dinner so we sort of just drove around. We went to the school, it looks really good. It's growing, so that is always good. I guess you could say we took a trip down memory lane, cheesy,yes... but Abilene has so many memories and I'm thankful for all of them. We then went to the Beehive. I had my usual, Mexican Rasberry Martini (SO GOOD!) Potato skins, their amazing ranch salads, and a New York strip with a baked potato. haha. And for dessert... yeah right! I was stuffed! Then we headed home.

We had a great day! Thank you Alec for taking me there for my birthday!! I had a great day with you and look forward to celebrating MANY MORE birthdays together!

Hope everyone is having a great week! The weekend is almost here!!!

2 comments:

Jacci said...

happy birthday chelsea! glad you had such a good day! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you came to Abilene and didn't tell me. Hope you had a great B-day!