Wednesday, August 6, 2008

We've been busy!

Our past few weeks have been packed full of fun things! We've gone to several Ranger baseball games, concerts, graduations, and had a great time with our friends and family!

Alec and I are big Ranger fans, always have been. So this season is especially fun for us. We are used to going to the games to watch them lose yet again, this season is different. This team is different and the games have been a lot of fun. We've gotten to use Ken and Deb's season tickets, met my Dad in the suite and Ken and Deb in the suite also. There is nothing better on a summer night than going out to Arlington to watch them play. Alec is a lucky guy when it comes to sports because going to all these games are not torture for me, I LOVE sports and love going to games with him!

We also went to a Fair to Midland concert at the House of Blues. If you've never gone to The House of Blues you need to go. It is a really cool venue and the bands they have playing there are always good. Alec's parents got us the tickets and Chris and Ashley met us up there after dinner. We had so much fun! The band was awesome, they were clearly on something, but still very entertaining and talented! After that, they decided we should go to the Ghost Bar. I have to preface this story a little bit. Chris and Ashley ate at The Nine and by eating there got a "free pass" type thing so that we wouldn't have to wait in line. They were dressed for a nice dinner, Alec and I were dressed to go to a concert.... jeans, nice shirt.. not really going out clothes. Well, I'm not going to lie, I didn't want to go, I mean I want to go to the Ghost Bar, but I HATE feeling underdressed. We walked up and there was a LINE a long one. Full of girls dressed to empress and we walk up to the front of the line like we can because we have a free pass.... you can probably guess how this ends. The bouncer looks at us and says, "NO FLIP FLOPS". For starters, it was Alec and they weren't like rubber flip flops, they were leather flip flops... he is a guy, who cares! Either way, we didn't get in. It did make me think though, Do these people waiting in line get all dressed up to simply wait and HOPE that they might get in?? It just seems sad to me. Dallas is huge and there are plenty of places that don't stand some retarded bouncer at the door regulating who can and cannot get in. We are going to go back, but only because we have a free pass and I'd like to see what all the fuss is about.

Yesterday we drove to College Station to see my baby sister GRADUATE from A&M. I am so proud of her. Allie has worked so hard while she was in college and all her hard work paid off. She's moving to Dallas and Alec and I are soo excited!!! Congrats Allie, We love you so much!

Here are some pics from the past couple of weeks:

Alec and I on the way to the Ranger game :)

The Fam at the Ranger game

(See story below)

Allie walking across the stage!

She's officially a graduate!!!

So, on a final note I am going to be a little cheesy and brag on my husband. (Still feels weird saying that, haha). He starts his job at PWC on Sept. 22. So for the time being he has to study for the CPA. I can't imagine how hard it would be to make myself study all day, but somehow he does it and I'm so thankful for him and appreciate him more than he knows. I came home from work Wednesday and he had bought me those flowers, they are California Sunflowers and I love them! Our Kroger has really good flowers and I always walk by them and say, "I'm just going to get them", but I never do. Well, he went and got them for me and they MADE MY DAY! I know he is so ready to start working, but I am loving every day that he is there when I get home because that will not be the case once he starts. God blessed me with an amazing husband and I thank Him every day that I get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend. 

He has class all day today, so I'm home alone left to workout, clean, and get ready for a wedding we have tonight. I hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL weekend. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm looking forward to the fall... cool Texas off please!!!!

0 comments: