Monday, July 21, 2008

SuRpRiSe DaTe SuNdAy

Ok, its been a while since my last post, but things have been pretty uneventful around the Sowards' house.

We had a great weekend however. We got to see Alec's parents Friday night. We went to Joe T. Garcia's in Ft. Worth. If you have never gone, definitely go, was it the best mexican food in the world.... not really. However, the atmosphere was awesome and they had great margaritas:) Saturday my wonderful layout partner Molly came over while Alec was in class. The great thing about living in an apartment is having the pool. This has come to be a normal Saturday activity for us, we get out there around 11:30, convince one of the guys to bring us Sonic drinks and that holds us over till about 3:30. I love summer! We had a dinner party to go to Saturday night at Russell's house. His parents were out of town so he and his girlfriend made dinner, it was delicious! We haven't seen Russell and Jordan in a while, so it was nice to get so spend some time with them... we live too far away I guess and miss out on a lot!

Now for the title of the post: Surprise Date Sunday. One day this week one of my co-workers told me about one of her friends and her boyfriend that have Wine Wednesdays... something special that they do every week together. Alec hates wine, so that really would never work for us. So... I started thinking of something fun for Alec and I to do once a week and ended up with Suprise Date Sunday's. Basically, I just planned a date day for the two of us and he didn't get to know what we were doing till we got there. I hate surprises, so I'm not real sure what I was thinking, but oh well, I think it will be fun. Either way, this Sunday was our first ever Surprise Date Sunday. I was in charge and I think Alec really liked it.

Our first stop was at Pappasito's. It is one of Alec's favorite places to eat and we haven't been since we've been living in Dallas. He loved it, I was happy. After that we went to see "Dark Knight". I will be honest, I knew Alec would be surprised by me taking him to see this because I told him I would not see it. I really had no interest in seeing it and I'm not real sure why? Knowing that, I LOVED IT! haha. (that is usually what happens). It was just a good movie, worth buying the tickets and waiting an hour in line. I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone so I won't say much, this is just for all of you (women most likely) that don't want to see it, it is good. Heath Ledger was awesome and not because he is dead... I heard so many say that everyone was saying how good he is in the movie just because he isn't alive... not true. He played the Joker great, I laughed, I cried.... it was great! Alec is in charge next Sunday....stay tuned :)

I have no pictures to post because my camera battery was dead, bummer. I need this week to fly by, not because I have anything great to do this coming up weekend, just because I don't enjoy Monday-Thursday.

I hope everyone had a GREAT weekend and makes the most out of the work week!

0 comments: