Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2 down, 4 to go

So, here is an update after my first two nights home alone. Monday I came home from work and went and worked out like Alec and I always do and I came back and ate left overs. I did get to see the Season Premier of The Hills. I've caught a lot of heat at work that I actually watch this show. Ok, I know it is dumb...ok actually, I don't think it is dumb. I know that its not complete "reality" but you know what, I don't care. It is entertaining and I enjoy it. So what? ha. My initial thoughts are that:

a. I knew Stephanie Pratt was NO GOOD all along... she is related to Spencer, duh.
b. I'm glad that there may be some new drama besides Heidi and Lauren.
c. Based on the quick preview of the whole season I think it will be good!

Tuesday I went to work and boy was it exciting, please catch the sarcasm. Came home and worked out and came back and made myself some scrambled eggs and toast for dinner. I watched a little of the Olympics and was glad that there wasn't really anything else on because I got to see Shawn Johnson win the gold! I'm so happy for her. I am sooo glad that both Nastia and Shawn are on team USA but I won't lie, I like Shawn better. Nastia has a very artistic gymnastic style, which is beautiful, but I think I like Shawn's style better. I thought she deserved the all around gold medal and also the floor routine gold. She is young, I hope we see her in London at the next Summer olympics.

Even though for the first time since Alec and I have been married and lived in that apartment I had complete control over the remote and got to watch more than ESPN (which I do love, don't get me wrong), I'm tired of him being gone. I'd rather watch Baseball Tonight reruns over and over again. haha. On top over everything else, his phone doesn't really work out there so I don't even get to talk to him. I'm complaining a lot, I'm sorry to the few that actually read this, but I'm just going to complain today. I am so happy he is having fun, but now I am wishing I just would have taken the week off, paid or not, and spent some time away from Dallas. Too late now, haha.

Anyway, I am going to meet Alec's mom and granny at Saviano's for dinner tonight and have stuff planned for the rest of the week, maybe that will make the week go by faster!

I hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL week. The weekend will be here before we know it!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Don't worry about complaining -- a week is a LONG time for a married couple to be apart: newlywed or no. I saw a gal here in town that reminded me of you and thought about how different it must be for you now compared to a year ago! Try to make it two more days now!

P.S. -- to your last post: when you have A LOT of fun, and feel awful the next day, hit the water real hard. The awful feeling is (mostly) dehydration. Not that I'm encouraging that kind of overindulgence, mind you... :-) Ahem.