Monday, August 18, 2008

A Lonely Week Ahead.

Well, Alec and I had a pretty good weekend. It went by too fast as usual. Friday night we went to Gloria's with Molly and Andy and played catch up with them. They had been gone for what felt like forever, but it was really just 3 weeks. (I think.) They told us about their trip and it was sooo good to finally hang out with them. They live pretty close to us, so we are used to seeing them at least once a week.

We evidently had A LOT of fun, because I felt awful all day Saturday and spent the majority of the day on the couch while Alec studied. I finally decided I would get up and workout and I felt much better. We went out to Las Colinas to hang out with Chris and Ashley at Cafe Italia (I think that is what it is called). Chris described it as a Cheers bar and it definitely is. Everyone knows everyone and you just walk across the street to get to it, does it get any better than that? We had a good time and Chris and Ashley decided they wanted to head to Dallas to go out, so we went home and got some good sleep. Alec had to study all day Sunday, so I cleaned and did laundry and we just tried to spend as much time together as we could.

As we speak he is downstairs taking the second part of the CPA exam. I hope that he is doing great and I know he is going to be so happy once it is over. After his test he is taking me to lunch and then leaving for New Mexico. Alec's parents just bought a house out there and his Dad is driving out there to close on the house and get things situated. Alec starts work in a little over a month, so this is a great time for him to get away before he won't be able to. I'm sad because he is going to be gone for a week, and because I want to go too. I know he will have fun. This is actually the longest we have been away from each other in a lonnngg time. I've haven't stayed at our place by myself before and if it wasn't for my ridiculous imagination, I would be fine. ha. I'll be fine anyway, his mom is less than an hour away and Molly and Andy are less than 20 min. Either way, if everyone will please keep Alec and his dad in your prayers as they drive 12 hours to Angel Fire. And, if anyone is in the Dallas area and is bored, give me a call, I would love to see you!!

Hope everyone had a WONDERFUL weekend! I can only hope this weekend can fly by!

1 comments:

Carrie Jo Howard said...

I hope you don't get too lonely! I can't come over very easily and keep you company, but call me ANYTIME!

LOVE YOU!