Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's been a while....

Well, the last time I blogged I was complaining about Alec being gone. I ended up having a pretty good week, spending time with friends and family made the week go by pretty fast. Thursday came around before I knew it and I knew it would be a long weekend without him, but he'd be home Sunday.... so I thought. I got a text from him at work on Thursday and it said, "Book me a plane ticket home Friday night ASAP." What??!! He and his dad decided that it would be best not to miss his CPA class on Saturday and he would be home Friday, not Sunday :) Needless to say, I was a happy girl!

He did have a GREAT time in New Mexico though. I asked him to blog about his trip and post the pictures that he took... we'll see if I can talk him into it or not. He's not much of a writer. The house looks awesome and I can't wait to get out there to check it all out. He spent all day Saturday in class while Molly and I got pedicures and laid by the pool. It has become part of our Saturday routine. We better enjoy it while we can.


Saturday night was Chris' birthday celebration and we had so much fun! We met Chris, Ashley, Lauren, Mark, and Lauren's parents (also Chris' boss and his wife) at the N9ne Steakhouse. It was probably the best place I have eaten in a long time. I had the Halibut and it was amazing! After that we walked across the street to the Ghost Bar. Since we were all dressed appropriately! The bar downstairs is really cool! I am not going to lie, the Ghost bar is a) smokey, b) packed! c) dark. It was really cool to go up there and see the view, but would I ever wait in line to get up there? Heck no! We stayed there for about 20 mins. and then headed to Glass Cactus over in Grapevine. I like it there a lot better. We stayed till it closed and headed home. We had a lot of fun and HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS. We hope you had a good time!


Sunday we had a Fantasy Draft Party. My team is AWESOME. Ok, I don't know, but I really like it and hope they are good. My team name is, "Getcha Popcorn Ready" and of course, TO is on my team. We will see, either way, GO COWBOYS! I'm pretty pumped that football season is about to start especially since the Rangers went and choked on us. Oh well.

I have some really good pictures, I'll have to post them when I get home today. I have been under the weather for the past couple of days so I'm trying to fight off some sort of sinus something.

We had a really great Labor Day weekend too, I'll have to update that at another time, I guess I should get back to work.

I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL long weekend and enjoys their short work week!!!

0 comments: