Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sick and tired of being sick and tired

Every year I think to myself, "maybe I should get a flu shot this year" Then, I begin to think back on the fact that never before have I even had the flu. So, I every year I talk myself out of getting a flu shot. Well.... this is the year I should have reconsidered because around Monday morning, I felt bad. I thought at first that maybe it was just a sinus infection or something like that, I usually get those when the weather goes from hot to cold. I attempted going to work on Monday, but ended up leaving at 11. I didn't decide to go to the doctor till Wednesday and after waiting in a minor emergency clinic's nasty waiting room for over two hours, I found out that I do in fact have the flu. 


It is now Thursday afternoon, I feel better, but with all the meds that I have in me, I'm not going to lie, I am feeling a little loopy. I have realized that the worst part about having the flu is that nobody wants to be around you. A. Because they see how miserable you are and definitely do not want to get it and B. Because all I really do is eat, sleep, and watch tv. Its hard to carry on a conversation because it is either interrupted with a coughing attack or because my voice is partially gone away. Who wants to be around someone like that? Alec has been my nurse as my mother calls him. And, a good nurse at that. He makes sure that I am getting enough to drink, eating before I take all my medicine, and anything else that I may be wanting at any given time. On top of everything, he has not complained once. I'm a lucky lucky girl. 

Enough of that, I am hoping that I can go to work tomorrow, i'm bored out of my mind. I'm looking forward to a good weekend. Alec's parents are going to be in town to see the first baseball games of the season. Its going to be a little different without my #18 being out on the field. I just have to remember all the great memories I had of him playing baseball and move on. This is just the beginning of a new chapter in our lives. I hope everyone is having a great week. Hang in there, the weekend is almost here!

1 comments:

Carrie Jo Howard said...

I'm sorry that you are sick!! You always get like really nasty sick this time of year. Way to go Alec for being so great... just a preview of your many married years to come :) I love you and I miss you like craaazy!!