Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This One is for Me.

It has been a while, I know... and really what I am about to blog about is really for me because I am going to want to look back in a couple of years and read this and laugh all over again. 


For those of you that know me, I'm a planner. I love to plan or more so, I love to plan things that  I know will make other people happy. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't. Well, this past weekend was going to be a busy one, we were MOVING. Ah, the dreaded move, it was going to take place on Saturday. Saturday happened to also be Alec's birthday.... so what did I do? I plan a surprise party for the Friday before. I sent out the evite to all of our best friends and strangely almost everyone could come and on top of that, Alec had NO IDEA that I had planned a party. The plan was to go to his favorite place to eat, Pappasito's and then head back to his parents house and play games for a while. 

Friday came and I told him I was taking him to dinner but we were going to keep it low key since we had to move all day the next day, well, we walk into Pappasito's and tell the girl I had reservations for Chelsea, her response... "oh, table for 14?" Sooo... that is where the surprise ended, haha. Either way, he didn't know up till that point. Jordan, Jenn, Molly, Andy, Allie, Ross, Brian, Carrie, Geoff, Russell, Ashley, Alec and I were all at dinner. We had a great time and around 10pm finally head to his parents house. At this point, we should have just had cupcakes and gone to bed, but instead we stayed up until 3am playing card games..... GREAT IDEA!

We had to be up at 7:30 to get the U-haul, let me tell you, 7:30 was NOT looking good for either one of us. We stayed up too late, we might have had one too many drinks.... great idea Chelsea. The rest of the day sort of went down hill from there. We picked the U-haul up around 9:30 and got to the apartment around 10. Brian and Carrie were going to meet us there at noon so I had plenty of time to get everything ready to go, that is if I were moving faster than a snail. However, we just kept going.

Brian and Carrie got there and we think this is going to be ok. There are 4 of us and we got a dolly and furniture mover, but wait, the U-haul won't fit in the parking garage so we have to go down the hall, down the elevator, down another hall and outside?! Oh, and we aren't all feeling 100%. It started out ok...however, as the day progressed we noticed the sky get darker and darker and that is when the rain started. We were a good 4 hours into the packing process, we weren't about to stop there, so we once again, just kept going. By the end of the loading process we were drenched. Carrie and I looked like we jumped in the pool, that is how wet our hair was, at one point, we were all huddled IN the u-haul because it was raining so hard we couldn't even make a run for it. By the end of it I think we were all a little delirious, this probably isn't all that abnormal but Carrie and I at one point were running down the hall with squeaky feet, singing. I'm sure the residents LOVED US. It's really strange how much fun we were having while being miserable at the same time. haha.

Then, we made the trek to Irving, the U-haul, the mini, and the Jeep, packed full. Allie and Ross met us there, it took us 5 hours to load it, 30 mins. to unload it, haha. We literally pulled the truck up and we all just took off getting stuff out of the vehicles. Needless to say, Alec and I were dead asleep by 10....

only to wake up and have to go BACK out to Garland because the TV wouldn't fit in the Jeep and we still had some little stuff. Russell came to the rescue, he met us out there with is parents van and we got it all loaded up. We finally got EVERYTHING into the townhouse by 4 on Sunday. I did some unpacking, but headed back to the Sowards and went to bed, I was sore and exhausted. 

So, here is my shout out portion of the blog. First and most important, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEC! You are without a doubt my best friend and I love that I get to spend every single day of the rest of my life with you. I can't wait to celebrate 100 more birthdays (ok, maybe not 100, maybe 74). There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank God that he blessed me with you in my life, as I always say, you are my world :) Hope you enjoyed your party.

Secondly, Carrie and Brian. There isn't a lot of people that would haul all of our stuff down the hall, down the elevator, down another hall, and out through the rain.... I'm pretty sure I tell Carrie this everyday, but I have no idea what I did before y'all moved to Texas. We love y'all and we owe you big time, as you said, I imagine there will be many more moves for both of us, the favor WILL be returned.

I know that probably wasn't as entertaining to read, but I just know I will want to remember it, so sorry! I will post a real one soon. We aren't settled in the new place just yet, have I mentioned I hate moving, there are a lot of boxes still left to be unpacked. I will tackle that this weekend because hopefully my parents will be staying with us :)

Hope everyone is doing great!!! Happy Hump Day!

1 comments:

Carrie Jo Howard said...

Oh What a day that was ... ha! But somehow we managed to have SO much fun! Love you!!!