Sunday, May 31, 2009

Recap: One Year Anniversary

So, I am a little late but May 25, 2009 was our one year anniversary. Wow, time FLIES! I can without hesitation say that it has been the best year EVER. Alec is an amazing husband and I am so thankful for all that he does. We have so much fun together regardless if we are sitting at a game of some sort or going on our daily runs. He is my world and I love that I get to go on this journey with him. Alec, thank you for being so kind, loving, supportive, motivating and encouraging. I love you.

Now, here's a quick recap of our fun Anniversary/Memorial Day weekend:

The fun started Friday evening. We headed out to Plano to hang out with Brian and Carrie (I LOVE that y'all live here) and Carrie's parents were actually in town so we got to spend some time with them also. We love them and their new puppy Bailey, she is ADORABLE! We ate and hung out for a while before heading home.


Saturday during the day Alec and I both did our favorite things without each other. Alec played golf and I went shopping. He had fun and I got some cute stuff, so I'd say that worked out great. That night he took me to Pappa's Steakhouse for our Anniversary dinner. One word: AMAZING. It really was very good. We both had steak and it might have been the best steak I've ever had. We ate entirely too much but loved every second of it :)


Sunday we went to the Byron Nelson. We ended up at the 8th green and watched all the leaders come through. We both had a really good time. It is just fun to be there and get to see all the golfers up close. I also decided that I really like the golf clap, however, there are times that I think about yelling out or whooping or being "that" person that yells, "GET IN THE HOLE!" haha. We topped off the day with Uncle Julio's with Molly and Andy, it was good to catch up, we hadn't seen them in a while.


Finally, Monday rolled around. We spent the afternoon at one of my FAVORITE places to be on a sunny day, the Ranger game. The lost, pretty bad actually, but oh well. We were smack dab in the middle of a lot of Yankee fans. It's safe to say that if you like the Yankees, I don't like you. I'm kidding, I'm kidding (sort of). They really were awful. I wanted to say, "Welcome to Texas, a friendly state where we greet each other with smiles and don't use the "F" word in front of small children." haha. We ended up having a lot of fun, it was a great way to spend our Anniversary/Memorial day :)


I hope everyone had a great week, this time last year we were headed home from a week in paradise. (Playa del Carmen, Mexico) I could use another vacation like that right about now. We've had another great weekend, we are headed to the Ranger game again today... I love baseball season!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

0 comments: