Friday, April 10, 2009

Whoa, it's been a while!

I can't believe that over a month has passed since my last blog! I don't even know if anyone still reads this thing, but I will try to catch you up!

We've been VERY busy lately but things are really good. Work is going good for both of us, keeping us busy as usual, but once again, we couldn't be more thankful for the jobs we have. Here is what we've been up to:


SETH AND AMY CAME INTO TOWN! Alec and I haven't seen them since our wedding, so we were very excited to see them. We didn't get to spend a lot of time with them because of work, but it was SO good to have all of us back together again. We went out to Uptown one night while we were there to celebrate Molly being done with her COMPS (which she PASSED by the way!!). We had a great time and wish they would move to Texas :) 


Now, if you read Carrie Jo's blog these will look familiar, if not, here is a recap. She found this cake recipe online and we decided we wanted to try it out. Amazing huh?? I've documented it here because it is so pretty! Now, we added one very wonderful ingredient and that is Fruity Pebbles. That's right, we sprinkled fruity pebbles on the outside of the cake. We actually made it for Allie for her birthday party at Kona Grill and even the chef had to come out and get a piece! How cool is that?!




On a side note, this is a Weight Watchers cake. In NO WAY does Allie need a weight watchers cake, we didn't quite realize it till mid-baking. So, the ONLY sugar in the cake is the sugar that comes in the cake mix. There was no eggs or oil and the icing was cool whip (light) mixed with fat free sugar free vanilla pudding mix... and it was delicious. I'm not lying, ask the birthday girl. Nobody would have guessed!

Here are my two wonderful sisters at Black Finn for Allie's bday:


Alec and I recently had a great date night. He took me to Kenichi which is downtown and within walking distance to the House of Blues where the Eli Young Band concert was. The sushi was AMAZING (so was the Kenichi Cosmo) and the concert was probably one of the best I've ever been to. If you don't know who the Eli Young Band is, check them out on itunes, I haven't heard a song of theirs that I don't like. We had so much fun!



FINALLY.... We are moving!!! We have literally spent the last 5 weekends searching for a new place. Once we decided we weren't ready to buy, I got busy looking for places to rent. This place is exactly what we were looking for. It is a townhouse and it is, according to GoogleMaps, 2.8 miles away from work! I've been driving 65 miles round trip and starting May 1st, I'll be driving less than 6. Oh my goodness!! Alec is currently still auditing in the building across the highway from my office, so it will be great for him too. We are excited and can't wait, we will have a guest room so people can visit us! (Mom and Dad, I'm talking to you!)

Welcome to 6839 Verde!

I think we are caught up. I have today off (thank goodness) and I get to spend it CLEANING. Alec and I are waking up and driving to Abilene tomorrow. I am so excited. For starters I haven't seen my mom and dad in too long, I miss them :( We are also going to watch ACU play baseball. They are having a great season and we want to go cheer on the few that we still know that are playing. And finally, we are going to the Beehive for dinner. When we lived in Abilene we would dream about living in Dallas because there are SO MANY places to eat in Dallas, now, we CRAVE the Beehive, Perini's, La Pop, The Homeplace, and Copper Creek. I just miss Abilene and it is going to be nice to get away for the weekend.

Hope everyone is doing well! I'd say I am going to try and blog more, but there isn't a whole lot going on right now, haha! Oh also, I can't believe I didn't post a picture of Tucker. He is getting SO big. He is excited to move too. He needs more space to run around and our new community has a running/walking trail that he will love. He is doing great, we love him! (Just in case you were wondering :) )

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That is SO funny- I just saw that same cake online and wanted to make it, too. That turned out BEE-YOU-TEE-FULL!! And the Fruity Pebbles totally make it!

So glad you will all be closer to work. Bet Tucker will be glad, too!

Unknown said...

Your cake looks so awesome! I forgot about CJ posting that. I want to try it too!!!

Carrie Jo Howard said...

best cake EVER! :) could possibly also be the hardest to make... haha. Love you! CANNOT WAIT to help yall move into the new place!!