Monday, March 9, 2009

Time flies when you spend no time at home....

I feel like Alec and I have been on the go non-stop for the past month! I won't lie though, it has all been fun and exciting stuff!

I'll start with the most exciting. Alec and I FINALLY said good-bye to his truck! We had been waiting patiently to find exactly what we were looking for and finally took the plunge and bought our first new car. It is a 2009 SRT8 Grand Jeep Cherokee. If you've never seen what it looks like, google it, I couldn't figure out how to put a link in and haven't taken any pictures. If you are into cars you will get why it rocks! This is another time in my life where I have to go back and tell my parents they were right. They were awesome enough to buy me two cars growing up and yet I can still remember asking for a new car and they always told me that it would feel so good to buy our first new car on our own. They couldn't have been more right. Alec and I have been working so hard since we graduated from college and it feels good to know that nobody gave us this car, it is OURS! I couldn't be more proud. :) Don't ask whose it is, we still don't know... we share :)

For more exciting news we have our plane tickets to Italy!!!! The only place outside of the US I have traveled to is Mexico, while I do love it there, I CANNOT wait to get to Italy. We are going September 16 - 23rd. I am looking forward to getting to go with Alec, the FOOD and of course the WINE! We are still in the planning stages for where we are going to stay while we are there but I know without a doubt we can't go wrong. If you have ever been and have some suggestions for places to stay, eat, see, etc. let me know!!

Other than that we've been enjoying Brian and Carrie living here and meeting them for dinner whenever we want, spending time with Molly and Andy and hanging out with Russell and Geoff now that Geoff moved back to Texas. All in all, things are good. Busy season is so close to being over (THANK GOODNESS) and I am starting to feel like I've got things under control at work.

Here are a few pictures from the last week:





We've got some fun stuff going on right now, I'm counting down the days till this Saturday though because.......

I GET TO SEE MY PARENTS!!! I miss my mom and dad :( I'm looking forward to getting big hugs from both of them and getting to talk to them without a phone up to my ear. I also get to see Brandi and Andrew, Alec and I don't get to see them enough either. So, I am beyond excited!

I hope everyone has a good week, at least Monday is behind us!!!

2 comments:

Carrie Jo Howard said...

Tucker is so BIGGGG!!! Holy crap!

Unknown said...

ITALY! I loved it... if you can... try to go to Cinque Terre. Shannon Alcedo and I stayed at a place called Hotel Florida (www.hotelflorida.it/eng/cinque_terre.asp)

Right on the beach and absolutely beautiful!!!