Thursday, February 26, 2009

Busy Season and the New Job

Let me just start by saying April cannot get here fast enough. Busy season is every bit as "busy" as I thought it would be and then some. Alec and I are both so thankful to both have jobs right now, so I don't want anyone to think I'm complaining, but it's kind of rough right now. I wake up at 4:30 in the morning and Alec isn't getting home until around 11pm... so, you can easily see that doesn't leave much time during the day to spend with each other. It is a strange feeling to really only spend time with each other on Saturday and Sunday and those days FLY by, but there is an end in sight and we both know it is worth it. He couldn't possibly know how thankful I am for all of his hard work, it is definitely appreciated. 


As far as my new job is going, it's going great. I'm learning a lot. I am the one and only internal recruiter, we currently have 19 open positions.... so if anyone has healthcare experience, email me your resume, haha. It's a little overwhelming right now just because it stresses me out to have all of those open positions, but I'm working with a lot of great physicians and meeting a lot of great people, it's going to be a good experience and who knows where it will take me. I'm not going to lie, I'm EXHAUSTED! Last week it was all exciting and so I didn't really feel how tired I was, this week, it set in a little. However, if you read this regularly, before I lost my previous job my New Year's resolution was to workout in the morning, and I'd like to proudly say I hopped right back on it! My goal is to workout 3 mornings during the week and do the other two workouts on the weekend and so far so good. I'm proud of myself :)

As if work isn't enough right now, we are also starting our search to move. I HATE MOVING. I don't like anything about it, packing, unpacking, hauling stuff... I don't like it. However, it is ridiculous that both of us are driving so far away every single day. We are meeting with our realtor on Saturday and she has some places in the Valley Ranch/Las Colinas area to look at. We're really excited to find something new and MUCH closer to work. Our lease isn't up until June, so we have plenty of time to find something we really like.... I will try to keep you updated.

Life is pretty crazy right now, but God is good, I know that we'll make it through our first busy season and find somewhere to live... no need to stress out about it. A few random things:

a. I MISS MY MOM AND DAD! I think Christmas was the last time I saw them, that is terrible. We do have plans to head that direction after busy season to see them, eat at the Beehive, and catch some ACU Baseball. (I still get sad thinking about baseball season)

b. Brian and Carrie living here is every bit as wonderful as I thought it would be! It is seriously AWESOME! Last weekend we met them for drinks and stayed out until almost 2am! We just don't do that. I can't believe we lived in different states for so long, that will never happen again!

c. We might be doing something fun this weekend, I'll let you know next week if we did or not. :)

d. Alec and I are planning a trip to celebrate him being done with busy season, initially we were going to Boston... however, I can't take the day off we had originally planned on, so if anyone has a good weekend trip, let me know, I love suggestions.

Ok, I think I am done. I hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL week.... I can't tell you how excited I am that tomorrow is Friday. Have an AWESOME weekend everyone!!



1 comments:

Andrea said...

If you want a close/relaxing vacation, Cliff and I love this place called Inn on Lake Granbury. Here's the website: http://www.innonlakegranbury.com/

It's a classy bed and breakfast that's close to the town square=good food, and I'm not sure when you want to go, but they have a great pool and they're right off the lake so you can fish too. Check it out! We went in July and we're going again in May- we can't wait!