Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Two Weeks Notice

Well, I did it. I finally did it. I turned in my two weeks notice to Bed Bath and Beyond on Monday. I was so nervous and it ended up working out great. My dream scenario would be to get a job that doesn't start until mid-June. That gives me time to get back from the honeymoon and settled in as a married couple. In the event that I get lucky and that happens Shaine, my boss, said that I could come back and work some at Bed Bath and Beyond. That makes me feel so much better. I was worried about what I was going to do with all of that time if I don't begin my job till June. 


I had this conversation with Carrie today, but out of the entire 4 years at ACU I realized today that they failed to tell me how to do this whole jobs hunting thing. I have my degree which is great, now what the heck do I do. I have been talking to everyone I know in my field and that has been so helpful, but I still am a little unsure how this all works. I suppose I should just relax and enjoy this ride. Hopefully, before I know it, I will be looking back on this blog and laughing at myself for not knowing how to find a job. But, if you think about it, it isn't like finding the little jobs you've been doing for the past 5 or 6 years. Oh well, I will figure it out soon enough.

Besides this whole job thing, life is WONDERFUL. I have been pretty busy with wedding stuff, but for the most part everything is done. Alec and I are waiting to figure out where my job will be and then we will be looking for our first home somewhere in the Dallas area. The past 4 years I have been looking forward to the day I left Abilene, and now, when the time has finally come, I don't want to go. I think it is just because of the people that I am going to miss so much. Chris and Ashley have seriously kept Alec and I sane for the past year. I'm not exactly sure what we are going to do without them, but hopefully they will be headed to the Dallas area soon too. While we will have to leave them, we head to Dallas where Molly and Andy, Russell, Jordan, Allie, and Ross will all be. That gives me something to look forward to. Jordan has already informed me that there will be family dinner night at the Soward's house. I luckily like to cook and love this idea. We will have Allie, the little chef there also, so it will be great. There are two people missing in this scenario, that is Carrie and Brian. Well, this is for you Carrie Jo.... while MO may be "more pleasing to they eye"  and maybe it does have "seasons" all I can say is that it is not Texas. I have Brian to have my back on this next comment, Texas is the best place to live. There is no where else anyone should want to live. (Until Alec and I head to Chicago, then you'll have to go there, but for now...) Anyway, life isn't right without my booshy and I'm ready for her to be back in TX.

I hope that you all will keep me in your prayers as I begin this search for a job. It is stressful! I would also ask that you keep my dad in your prayers. He is having a little surgery tomorrow. I hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL week!!! It's only Tuesday, so I won't mention the weekend just quite yet. :)

1 comments:

Carrie Jo Howard said...

It is definitely not out of the picture for Brian and I to move back to Texas... we talk about it often actually. Not sure how soon that would be but hey... better late than never right?!

Love you Booshy! Got your dress!! It was on my porch when I got home last night. Haven't tried it on yet, but I'll let you know. I'm sure it's going to be WAY too short because I'm so tall... ha.