Sunday, February 17, 2008

98 Days and Counting

It is official, I have less than 100 days before I get to be Mrs. Chelsea Sowards. It took me a little bit to get used to the idea of no longer having my last name, but I love the way that sounds. Chelsea Sowards. I'm so excited. 


I spent the entire week in Wichita Falls. To say that it was horrible is an understatement. It was the most awful experience I have ever had and it really made me appreciate the fact that I have a degree and I'm going to use it. I hope to never work in retail ever again. We worked 12 hour days and all we did was count. Literally, like one, two, three.... you get the idea. We counted ever item that is in their store. I hated it and was miserable, while at the same time felt a sense of accomplishment when it was done. 

I came back on Valentine's Day around 6pm and Alec told me he would be picking me up for dinner at 7pm. It gave me just enough time to shower and get ready. He showed up with pink and white roses and took me to The Beehive in Abilene. (Here is a short shout out to the Beehive... it is my FAVORITE place to eat. Not just in Abilene, but anywhere. If you have never been, you have to try it. They have the best steak and I love the atmosphere.) I had a wonderful Valentine's Day. It reminded me how lucky I am to have such a wonderful fiance. Friday night we went to dinner with Chris and Ashley at Abuelo's. We had a great time. We always do with them. We really don't do much without them. We then went back to the house and played Rock Band for hours. There is no better way to spend a Friday night then playing Rock Band. My favorite band member to be is the singer. For those of you that have heard my mom sing, I will tell you that I sound nothing like her, but sure do have her love of singing. hahahaha. People usually laugh at me, but that doesn't stop me. 

Saturday I went out to Ballinger to work on Save the Dates. They turned out really great and I can't wait till we send them out. I also ended up going through old pictures with my mom and dad. It made me think how fast time goes by. Especially looking at high school pictures. That really does feel like it was yesterday and yet, I'm already a college graduate. It's crazy and it makes you truly value every single day we have. I have one thing to vent about. While I have been doing my job searching I have found a common theme. A lot of places think I have great work experience, a great gpa, and educational background, but they can't hire me because I have a lack of the "right" kind of experience. AHHHHH. I'm so sick of hearing that. I can't figure it out, how will I get the "right" experience if nobody will give it to me. It's annoying. There, I'm done.

I have a week full of getting up at 4:15am, so I hope everyone else enjoys sleeping in later than that. One week, one week, one week. I can do anything for one week. I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week!!!

0 comments: